Frequently ask questions
1. How do I apply Bloc Mosquito Repellent.
1. Shake bottle well
2. Spray lotion in cupped hand.
3. Apply to exposed skin liberally. Make sure not to miss any spots.
2. Is it ok to Use Bloc on your face. Yes, Bloc’s main ingredient is Coconut oil. Coconut oil is known for the goodness of moisturizing your skin. Very popular ingredient in cosmetics.
3. How long does Bloc last. It is recommended to reapply every 2-3 hours.
4. Can I apply Bloc to clothing. Bloc was not intended to apply to clothing. Only to skin
5. Is Bloc safe to use on kids. Yes, there are no chemicals in Bloc. The layer of protection is through the essential oils, like Lemongrass.
6. Does Bloc have SPF value. Yes, coconut oil has a natural SPF value of 8.
7. Can I use Bloc on my dog or cat. Yes there are no harmful ingredients to your pets. I can’t guarantee they will hold still in order to apply it.
8. Does mosquito repellent kills mosquitoes. No. Repellents like the name says, only repels. The odor it not appealing to the mosquitoes.
9. What is the most effective mosquito repellent. If you are talking about natural repellents, Bloc uses Lemongrass as the active ingredient to repel. Others use Lemon Eucalyptus which has a stronger odor.
10. Does Bloc use citronella. No. Citronella can be a skin irritant. The best use for citronella is candles which can repels mosquitoes in a small area.
11. What attracts mosquitoes to human. The general belief is the amount of Carbon dioxide one emits. This is why most mosquito zappers attract the mosquitoes with Co2 then uses electricity to kill them. The other belief is that mosquitoes are attracted to your blood type. Type B and type O blood type.
12. Does Bloc have DEET. NO. DEET is a chemical with a nasty smell. Bloc has all natural ingredients.
13. What disease do mosquito carry? The most recent diseases are Dengue and Zika. Here is link to Dengue Fever https://www.cdc.gov/dengue/index.html, Link to Zika https://www.cdc.gov/zika/
15. Does Bloc contain Picaridin? Picaridin is a chemical. Picaridin is an effective repellent that protects against insects and ticks. Repellents containing picaridin are applied directly to the skin. The active ingredients evaporate slowly and form a protective shield around the wearer. This smells really bad for most insects and has a repelling and deterring effect that keeps them away.
15. How many people in the World die from mosquito diseases.
Over 1 millions people die each year from Mosquito diseases. “Mosquito-borne diseases and illnesses are caused by bacteria, viruses, or parasites transmitted by mosquitoes. They can transmit diseases without being affected themselves and are responsible for over 1 million deaths each year. Nearly 700 million people get a mosquito-borne illness each year. The most prominent mosquito-borne diseases include malaria, West Nile virus, yellow fever, dengue, chikungunya, and Zika virus. In the United States, the instances of mosquito-borne diseases have skyrocketed in the past years:” quote from https://mosquitoreviews.com/learn/disease-death-statistics
16. Does garlic repel mosquitoes.
Mosquitoes are attracted carbon dioxide. The only thing you will repel is your friends:)
17. Can a mosquito bite more then 1 person.
Yes, the females are the only one that bites. Thus protect yourself.